D&I Ambassadors announced
Posted on Monday, September 7, 2020 by Elly Hanna — No comments
In June we committed to do our best within Venn Group to improve our diversity and inclusion as an organisation and address behaviours that may exclude certain groups of people. We want to create lasting and sustainable change through instilling a culture of open-mindedness, empathy, and curiosity in order to build a culture where everyone who works at Venn Group feels like they belong. To support us on our journey we appointed Avenir, a diversity and inclusion consultancy who continue to guide us on our road to best practice. Our D&I Committee has now met three times, and has made an overt commitment to:
- Actively foster an environment of open and safe discussion on all D&I subjects, and provide a voice for all employees
- Commit to role modelling best practice and inclusive behaviours to support the company’s continuous improvement and increased self-awareness
- Share and engage others in educational material to support everyone’s knowledge building
Today we are excited to announce our elected D&I Ambassadors who will be critical in ensuring the success of our commitments.
Our Ambassadors will be the driving advocates for diversity and inclusion within Venn Group. Their role includes:
- Championing and role-modelling diversity and inclusion within their local office and wider company
- Acting as a link and intermediary counsel for employees within the directorate/office
- Acting as a spokesperson for all employees who have raised matters related to D&I that need to be escalated appropriately to our D&I Director, Avtar Singh
- Actively educating their local office on matters of D&I including relevant news, reading materials, case studies and videos etc to promote inclusivity within the workplace
This important step will support our commitment to creating a workplace in which all feel welcomed, included and can thrive, which in turn will allow us to support our clients through ensuring best practice diversity and inclusion is embedded within their recruitment process.
Well done to our D&I Ambassadors:
Leave a Reply