Ken Kittoe elected Executive D&I Ambassador
Posted on Friday, October 2, 2020 by Elly Hanna — No comments
We are delighted to announce the appointment of Ken Kittoe as the elected Executive Ambassador of our D&I ambassador group.
This position is pivotal to ensure we create lasting and sustainable change and maintain the current momentum we are achieving under the guiding hand of Avenir, our D&I partner. Avtar Singh, our board D&I sponsor, stated “It was a clear decision across the ambassador group after seeing how he has already demonstrated such passion and commitment for leading Venn Group towards a more inclusive culture. This role will see him step up as one of the key figures who will enable and facilitate us in achieving our D&I strategy and goals.”
Ken in response to his election said "I want to thank my fellow ambassadors who voted for me to be the Executive Ambassador, we’re going to drive change together. I’m passionate about diversity and inclusion, no one ever deserves to feel marginalised, out-casted or isolated. As individuals we all have our own differences and nuances and that’s what makes us all unique – these differences should be embraced and celebrated. As a group, the ambassadors, our D&I chair Avtar, Avenir and the board have made a commitment to pushing for a culture of inclusion but it won’t work without the help of every single member of staff whether that’s a Principal Consultant in the Birmingham office, an Associate Consultant in Bristol or one of the guys in Management Accounts, this is going to be a joint effort and a sustained journey which I’m excited to be a part of."
Ken’s responsibilities will be to:
- Act as the lead person in co-ordinating activities with other D&I Ambassadors across the business
- Host the D&I forum meetings on occasion, in collaboration with other D&I ambassadors
- Train all new employees on an introduction to D&I at Venn Group (currently being done by Avenir our D&I partners)
- Actively educate on Venn Group matters of D&I including relevant news, reading materials, case studies and videos etc. to promote inclusivity within the workplace
- Help formulate our D&I strategy in 2021/2022 along with the Directors & Avenir
- Plan future sessions/topics/training with Avenir
- Attend training/workshops with Avenir
- Champion and model diversity and inclusion across the wider company
- Look at our future recruitment strategy and how can we attract talent from across the country at Venn Group
Huge congratulations to Ken.
Leave a Reply