2nd Line Technical Officer
We are currently working with a Nottinghamshire Local Authority who require the interim assistance of a 2nd Line Technical Officer. To ensure that the technical support service is delivered in a professional manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop the communication with and advice given to our customers
- Ensure projects/tasks meet their deadlines and are delivered to the correct standard and quality
- Ensure that all Service Desk calls for the Technical Team meet the defined SLA’s and where these are breached escalate appropriately
- Maintenance and use of Service Desk ensuring all calls are logged with an understanding of priority and business impact, communicating current status of any call escalations with all members of the team and key users
- Investigation and resolution of 2nd line support calls including call logging, diagnosis and resolution as appropriate for all calls as defined by ITIL standards
- Provide technical & infrastructure support for the ICT environment.
- Structured analysis and a creative approach to problem solving and resolution
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in installation of PC’s, Servers and network hardware
- Experience of working to ITIL Framework processes
- Flexibility on working hours and days
- Physically capable of lifting reasonably heavy boxes and/or equipment after appropriate manual handling training
- Full Driving License and willing to use own car, or the ability to travel, between Council buildings.
Duration: 3 -6 months initially with possible extensions
Rate: Negotiable based on experience via umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Full job description available by request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team or call us on 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.