3rd Line Technical Support & Security Lead – Permanent Opportunity
Venn Group are currently working with an esteemed Private Healthcare organisation based in London seeking a driven and technically skilled 3rd Line Engineer
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Security Operations team to respond and triage security incidents as and when they happen
- Actively manage the administration of the infrastructure, includes VMware estate, Cisco network switches, firewalls, etc.
- Providing hands-on technical infrastructure configuration support across the IT landscape,
- Collaborating with 3rd Party LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
- Working closely with various internal partners to review and embed security technologies in line with the corporate program.
- Escalation point for cybersecurity related incidents and investigations
- Ensuring that employees adhere to the company’s IT security policies
- Closing out security vulnerabilities on Infrastructure and end user compute hardening activities (OS images, AD, Networking devices etc)
- Actively manage the administration of the infrastructure, includes VMware estate, Cisco network switches, firewalls, etc..
- Provide hands-on technical infrastructure configuration support across the IT landscape,
- Collaborate with 3rd Party LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Be the escalation point for 2nd Line support staff
- Troubleshooting servers physically and virtually and related hardware and software in order to deliver required infrastructure service levels
- Underlining system monitoring, configuration and administration of Virtual and Physical servers as well as network environment and virtual environment
- Performing onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite problem resolution for remote users as needed
Ideal skills and experience required will include:
- Working knowledge of VMware, Storage and Cisco network devices. Troubleshooting infrastructure / network related issues.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Server OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS etc
- Working knowledge with either or both PowerShell or Python for automation and data analysis
- Working knowledge of Azure Cloud technology
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices
- Good Working Knowledge of Firewalls, Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Working knowledge of Solarwinds monitoring tool or equivalent
- Knowledge of backup tools , Veeam and devices Exagrid
- Working knowledge of virtual environment (Vmware and Citrix)
- Working knowledge of VOIP telephony
Location: Earl’s Court
Salary: £50,000 per annum + fantastic benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call Jasmine Alexander on 020 7557 7667.