Venn Group are working with a university in London to recruit for a Digital Accessibility Specialist. This is a key role for the London-based University and will allow the post-holder the opportunity to provide technical expertise in order to develop and maintain digital services that can be used by everyone.
Job responsibilities include:
- Act as overall subject matter expert on digital accessibility
- Advocate for accessibility across the University and provide advice, guidance, and recommendations
- Work to improve the accessibility of the University’s digital platforms
- Develop and play an active role in governance and assurance activities representing accessibility
- Understand business cases and programme, project, and procurement requirements, and make recommendations to ensure accessibility is considered from the start
- Apply your knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines, standards, laws, and regulations. Understand assistive technologies (i.e., magnification, text to speech and screen readers)
- Undertake user acceptance testing (UAT) to support website development processes, working with developers to advise on best practice and legal compliance
- 5+ years' experience as a digital accessibility specialist
- Good working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG (2.1 or more recent), WebAIM Accessibility Best Practice, The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) Accessibility Regulations 2018 and the Equality Act 2010
- Experience of working with and managing accessibility testing and audits
- Experience working with web developers using knowledge of HTML/CSS to be able to help solve more complex accessibility issues
- Knowledge of VPATs (Voluntary Product Accessibility Testing) and accessibility statements or similar methods for assessing accessible products during procurement and tendering
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experienced in and committed to working with disability clients to alleviate equal opportunity issues
Daily Rate: £200 - £300 (Can be flexible dependant on experience)
Contract type: 3 - 6 months
Working pattern: Hybrid, 1 day on site WFH 4 days
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted, so please get your applications in early to avoid missing out!
If interested, please email your updated CV to Owen Davies email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.