Adult Social Care Solicitor – Initial 6 months – Ongoing basis - Full Time
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a busy Local Authority, who are known for their excellent team culture, who are recruiting for an Adult Social Care Lawyer to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (37 hours per week), currently remote working available, with initially 3 months being offered on a rolling basis.
This a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Lawyer to become part of a proactive Local Authority and support the Adult Social Care team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working within Local Government and will be able to hit the ground running in this role.
The successful applicant will manage a caseload of adult social care work and will be required to have:
- A good understanding of Local Government practice and procedure
- Be a practising Solicitor or Barrister
- Knowledge of the law and practice relating to Adult Social Care Law
- Ability to demonstrate significant specialism or depth of knowledge in Adult Social Care Law.
- Knowledge of democratic and political aspects of local government
- Ability to demonstrate experience of conducting own caseload within defined areas of legal practice.
- Advocacy experience
The successful candidate will also have good practical knowledge of the Care Act 2014, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and knowledge of The Mental Health Acts, and manage matters in the County Court, High Court, Administrative Court and Court of Protection.
Interested? For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email email@example.com.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.