Adults Lawyer – Initial 3 months - Locum
Venn Group’s specialist public sector legal team are currently working with a highly successful, busy Local Authority in London who are recruiting for an Adults Lawyer to join their outstanding team.
This is a full-time, with the initial period 3 months and then extended thereafter.
The successful applicant:
- A qualified solicitor, barrister or FILEX
- Extensive knowledge and experience of adult social care legislation and practice and awareness of forthcoming changes in law and practice.
- Experience of handling own caseload and working with minimal supervision
- Experience of working in a busy local authority setting
- Good knowledge of local government and public sector law affecting social care and health
- Experience of solving legal problems and creatively applying untested legal principles where appropriate
- Some advocacy experience is desirable but not essential
This is an exciting opportunity to deal with an interesting workload and advise senior clients. The role will involve conducting a full caseload of adults and community care/ Care Act 2014 matters including Court of Protection and Mental Health Act, DOLS advice and applications, defending judicial review challenges including adults, age assessment and s.17/20 Children Act 1989 challenges and leaving care.
As an in-house social care lawyer, with a focus on adult social care, the successful applicant will also be responsible for making a positive contribution to the continuous improvement in the quality and cost effectiveness of the service.
Interested? For further Information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.