Venn Group are currently working with a charitable organisation in Cambridge to recruit an Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the position is responsible for a wide range of Account Receivable, Treasury and General Ledger related activities.
- Reconcile cash balances for bank accounts and treasury accounts on a weekly basis.
- Prepare balance sheet review of all cash GL accounts on monthly basis and resolves differences. This includes
- Reconciliation of a number of General Ledger accounts connected to Accounts Receivable and Treasury function
- Ensure invoices and cash payments are posted to the customer accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reconcile receipts on the bank statements to the debtor’s ledger
- Prepare overdue debtor’s analysis report.
- Assess and perform bad debt assessment and journal entries based on the policy and assessment
To be considered for the position, we require candidate competent with ledger reconciliations and a great attention to detail. Would be ideal if candidates are working toward an accountancy qualification.
In return for your hard work you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement of 35 days including Bank Holidays, Private Medical Insurance Healthcare scheme and a cashback health plan, Death in Service benefit, lunch allowance, free car parking and a government childcare scheme.
If this sounds like the role for you and you meet the criteria, please apply now with your up-to-date CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.