Assistant Director (Adults Social Services)
We are currently working with a large local authority looking for an Assistant Director to support the Director of Adult Social Services (DASS) in the leadership and management of the directorate and taking forward a wide-ranging programme of transformation and service improvement.
- Lead on the strategic challenge to transform services to meet local need and the corporate responsibilities of the council.
- Demonstrate political astuteness, providing expert commentary and advice on their areas of strategic responsibility to influence and shape future service transformation and delivery
- Deliver effective leadership, build good stakeholder relations
- Develop a strategically aligned and values-based organisational culture in order to achieve good organisational performance
- Implement and deliver national, and regional policies at local level
- Develop and implement local policies
- Develop inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes, with delegated organisational authority to deliver key Adult Social Care targets
- Have responsibility of setting and managing budgets of up to £60m
- Will be expected to deputise for the DASS (as required)
- Extensive experience in senior leadership within ASC preferably with both operational and commissioning experience
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation and policy
- Experience of leading transformation and change programmes
Duration: 3-6 months contract initially
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Start: October 2021
Remote Working with on-site visits
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.