Interim ICT Engineer – Immediately Required
We are working with a Local Authority in the Southeast to recruit an experienced Interim ICT Engineer (Telephony Migration) to contribute to a technical IT business project within the capital investment programme in the Council’s IT & Digital department.
The Interim ICT Engineer (Telephony Migration) will focus on the Telephony Project involving change from legacy end of life telephony to a cloud telephony solution (VMB 8X8).
Position: Interim ICT Engineer (Telephony Migration – 8x8)
Period: 9 months
IR35 Status: Inside
Rate: £300-£350 per day Umbrella
Driving Licence: Required – Clean record
- Maintain and develop the council’s ICT network/communications infrastructure and system migration
- Delivery and installation of new VoIP handsets to sites (hire care provided) and connection of handsets to existing infrastructure
- Maintaining change records of premise updates and assets
- Configuration management of cloud telephony solution – 8x8
- Auditing existing lines, recording of device MAC addresses and if available user information
- Initial life support and floor walking, answering queries associated with handset operation and triaging reported issues
- To provide practical and technical support, advice, and training to site champions and senior staff members
- Significant experience of implementing, developing and supporting enterprise ICT infrastructure, systems and tools in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs), in a medium to large size organisation with 500+ users
- Must have experience of working within local authorities, ideally in a social care setting
- Experience of developing and delivering briefings to staff, including senior managers, on key ICT technologies or tools
- VoIP Telephony Experience (specifically Avaya and 8x8 PBX platform advantageous)
- Network Patching and Basic TCP/IP, technical management, technical understanding, analysing information, informing others, problem solving, coordination, project planning and quality management, data & record management
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.