Building Control Manager
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who are recruiting for a Building Control Manager to lead on and deliver a high-quality Building Control service. As well as provide quality customer focused services that contributes to the achievement of the client’s vision and objectives for a growing and sustainable city.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Building Control team
- To act as the principal technical advisor and expert on Building Control matters and to be responsible for technical and legal compliance with the Building Acts, Building Regulations and Safety at Sports Grounds Regulations
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements and good practice in relation to service related matters
- Apply knowledge of customer care and the principles of equal opportunities in providing a Building Control function
- Apply knowledge of Building Acts and Regulations together with allied legislation relating to Building Control, Approved Inspector Regulations, Public Entertainment licences, Safety at Sports Grounds regulations and policy and Dangerous buildings including Public Health Acts
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the local government structure and political framework
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Building Regulation or a related subject
- You will also be a member of a relevant professional body or eligible for membership RIBA, RICS or ABE
- Experience of working in a relevant Building Control environment is key
Duration: 3 month contract initially with likely extensions
Rate: Starting at £29.63 per hour via umbrella – please note they have said they will be negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.