Job Title: Building Control Section Manager
Job reference: JES/29102021
Job description: A Local Authority in Greater Manchester is looking for a Building Control Section Manager for up to 12 months.
- Leading a strategic technical consultancy function, developing innovative and strategic responses through provision of specialist technical advice, insight, support and challenge to support the delivery of organisational priorities, and to ensure the Council is able to meet its legal obligation
- Ensuring the development, maintenance and monitoring of effective systems and information to support the delivery of key objectives
- Effectively commissioning work packages both within the assigned service area
- Processing and being responsible for making decisions in relation to innovative complex and sensitive technical and legislative issues in order to deliver key objectives
- Promoting the Building Control Service and ensuring LABC remain competitive whilst providing a highly effective and quality service
- Making arrangements for performance reports to be available and shared with the teams
- Assisting with the work allocations aligning with the performance reports
- Developing systems and assign appropriate resources to deal with general and FOI/EIR enquiries
- Developing systems for the efficient production of building control reports required by local and central government from time to time
The successful candidate should have:
- Town and Country Planning Degree
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of the Building Control legislative framework
- Comprehensive understanding of associated legislation and Council policy
- Substantial and relevant post qualification experience in Building Control work of a local authority
Hourly Rate: up to £50 an hour
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomas Nicholas (email@example.com) You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.