Building Surveyor – Ref: 66575
The position of a Building Surveyor has become available in the Northamptonshire area within the public sector. The candidate will primarily be responsible for the inspection of and overseeing repair and maintenance of commercial properties.
This is a full time position on a three to six month contract and hybrid working available.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Reporting and supplying recommendations for improvements/maintenance requirements to properties taking into account Listed Buildings and Conservation areas
• Undertaking planned and ad hoc repairs and maintenance of Council properties, including drawing up specifications, repairs order and contract documents for works
• Managing internal and external contractor performance to deliver those works on time, on budget and to the required standard. Effective contract administration to include: instruction, valuation, certificates, accounts and documentation
• Inspection of works prior to acceptance and payment at practical completion and end of defects liability stages
The ideal candidate should have:
• Knowledge of up to date facility management techniques and methods
• Clear evidence of supervision, control and monitoring of facility management contracts, involving preparation of tender documentation, interim payments and contract administration
• Experience conducting stock condition surveys of commercial property
• A good knowledge of health and safety legislation and building regulations, including writing and vetting risk assessments and method statements
If this role is of interest and you would like to be considered, please apply now.