Building Surveyor Manager
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
Location: West Midlands
Duration: 3 months initially
Payment: Weekly via Umbrella Company
We are working with an organisation based in the West Midlands, who are seeking the interim support of a Building Surveyor Manager within their Maintenance Programme Team.
You will need to lead and manage a team of Building Surveyors. Be responsible for ensuring the Team’s delivery of planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of the organisation’s compliance, reactive and planned maintenance and works programmes, together with meeting corporate and client requirements.
Please see below for additional details:
- To lead a team of Building Surveyors in the planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of the organisation’s repair, maintenance and minor works programmes.
- Develop, implement, manage and monitor work programmes against identified Service Group Capital and Revenue budgets
- To allocate, manage and monitor resources (both internal team and external consultants) to ensure programmes are efficiently and effectively delivered to meet client requirements
- To monitor fee levels and recovery through the Division time recording systems
- Arrange, maintain and develop appropriate relationships with the Strategic Partner, other staff within the Division, other Service Groups, statutory bodies and agencies to ensure the competent and cost effective management and execution of agreed maintenance and minor works programmes.
- Monitor and review the performance of the section, the Strategic partner and contractors in liaison with Maintenance Programme Manager and the Procurement and Performance Manager to ensure value for money outcomes
- Assist clients in the identification of prioritised programmes of maintenance and minor works in accordance with the organisation’s Corporate Asset Management planning processes
- To manage individual contracts and groups of contracts, meeting clients on a regular programmed basis to develop customer focus and monitor work programmes and budgets
- Membership of relevant professional body such as MCIOB/MRICS, CIOB or CIBSE
- Substantial experience in construction project delivery and building maintenance
- Considerable experience in Managing consultants and contractors
- Substantial experience of project and maintenance works programme planning (both reactive and planned)
- Excellent understanding of construction and property-related statutory compliance requirements / legislation
- Knowledge of industry/Government initiatives/changes in the construction industry (e.g. Building Safety Bill/Reform, Hackett report)
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.