We are currently working with an organisation who are needing the interim support of an experienced Chief Accountant who has worked extensively within the Public Sector, specifically local government. Please see below for further details:
The client is looking for someone to come in on an interim basis as part of a major transformation. This included a procurement improvement programme to help modernise the service within the organisation.
- Team and individual delivery plans are developed, measured, and monitored to track progress of and achievement of objectives
- Managing the team responsible for preparing accounts, corporate budget monitoring, systems support and financial controls; comprising an establishment of approximately 9 staff
- Deputising for the Head of Financial Strategy and supporting the organisations financial strategy
- System administrative processes and duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Financial processes are managed appropriately
- Proper accounting practice, statutory requirements and the organisation’s financial rules are adhered to
- All relevant financial deadlines are adhered to
- The development and maintenance of best practice within financial standards and disciplines is encouraged and enabled
- The financial systems maintain pace with changes in the organisation
Duration: 9 month contract initially with likely extensions
Rate: daily rates negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.