Children’s Services Governance and Improvement Officer
Duration: Until end of Feb 2024 initially with likely extensions
Rate: £50-£60p/h umbrella Inside IR35 (This may be negotiable depending on experience)
Our client is seeking a Governance and Improvement Officer within Children’s Services. This role presents a unique chance to make a significant impact for the organisation and it’s community.
This role will be providing oversight on all matters relating to the quality of practice, leadership, and management oversight of Children’s services, and working with the senior management team to ensure good governance across the organisation.
- Provide technical advice, expertise and practical support to Children Services in relation to all aspects of governance, ensuring that Children Services are administered appropriately, and that statutory and good practice arrangements are complied with
- Manage and organise all Children’s Services Governance meetings/boards including Children’s Services Scrutiny and Committee meetings, CS Improvement Boards, Children and Young Peoples Partnership Boards
- Manage the workflow into an annual cycle of business for meetings, ensuring purposeful agendas which takes account of Children Services matters and is focused on improvement working with the Chairs of each Board, across partnership
- Work with colleagues to develop the implementation of the Quality and Governance Strategy across the directorate
- Devise and manage Information Governance Systems, supporting the corporate Senior Information Governance (IG) Lead in monitoring systems and compliance General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and internal policies and procedures
- To be the Children’s Services lead and Corporate link for all matters relating to for example; Emergency Planning, Business Continuity, Resilience planning, Service Planning, Risk management etc
- Provide quality reports in line with reporting timetables and ad hoc requests to support the Directorate and evidence performance management and improvement
- Develop and Implement effective lasting solutions to problems, creating and managing complex action plans that report into the Department for Education and other government departments
What We Are Looking For:
- Advanced relevant qualification or equivalent level experience in particular in Governance and / or Local Authority experience
- Ability to take personal initiative and respond independently to unexpected problems and work on own initiative
- Proven experience of ability to manage conflicting priorities, working under pressure within given timescales and deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Reviewing and monitoring services against specified requirements and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Experience of managing performance improvement and governance activity in a social care field
- Experience of successfully managing change
- Demonstrable experience of project management and/or managing and implementing programmes of change
- Demonstrable experience of working with Senior Leaders for example Chief Executives, Councillors and Directors within the Local Authority setting and/or through partner agencies handling complex issues and contentious objections developing strong partnerships
- Must be able to travel, using public transport or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own car or pool car
- To be able to work in the office base in Bournemouth to a minimum of 2 days a week , may be more depending on business need
- Basic DBS check required
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.