Locum Commercial & Research Contracts Lawyer – Midlands based University – 3 months – Full Time – Remote Working – Up to £55 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group’s Public Sector legal team are working with a University based in the Midlands, seeking a Locum Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their team.
Role: Locum Commercial Contracts Lawyer
Working Arrangement: Full time, remote working
Duration: 3 months initial contract with the likelihood of extension thereafter
Rate: Up to £55 per hour, dependent upon relevant experience
For this role you will be ensuring that all contracts and agreements are in compliance with relevant legislation and the University’s policy and strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, manging their own caseload with a minimum of 5 years PQE. Experience reviewing and drafting contracts is essential, alongside handling some intellectual property and data protection contractual matters.
Duties for this role may include:
- Independently managing a large caseload of legal matters and supporting the Head of Legal Services in managing junior members of the Legal Services team
- Drafting and advising on a variety of contracts and agreements including confidentiality agreements, partnership agreements, research contracts, apprenticeship agreements and international agency contracts
- To protect the University’s IP following any research that has been carried out to ensure future use of research and optimal return
- Safeguarding the University’s legal position and maintaining strong relationships with commercial and University partners
- Supporting the Head of Legal Services in the development, application and review of the University’s regulations, policies and procedures as well as developing and updating standard form documentation and usage guidelines
- Providing support and advice to the University in relation to data protection and FOI’s as well as advising any intellectual property (IP) issues and negotiating IP licences
If this role sounds like it could be of interest, either apply online or contact Will Pardoe or Louise Francis via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J69217
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.