Commissioning Policy Officer
We are currently working with a large Midlands based local authority who are seeking the interim assistance of a Commissioning Policy Officer for three months. The post holder is to lead a review of the Council Non-Residential Charging Policy within the Adult Social Care Directorate.
- Undertake a review of the existing Non-Residential Charging policy taking into account all relevant legislation guidance, case law and good practice
- Redraft a policy and complete an equality impact assessment of options for presentation to senior managers for approval
- Write and present necessary reports and briefings to Senior Managers, members and other groups where required
- Prepare and present paper to Cabinet for charging policy
- Review current practice and the existing policy/core guidance, the Care Act and the Norfolk Judgement and bring them into line
- Look at best practice and provide policy options
Ideal candidate will have:
- A sound knowledge of regulatory requirements, relevant guidance and case law in this area
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal including report writing
Experience of working at a senior level within a local authority setting.
- An Adults Enhanced Barring DBS Required
Duration: 3 months initially
Rate: Negotiable hourly rates dependant on experience (Inside IR35 via an Umbrella Company)
FULLY REMOTE WORKING