Committee Services Officer – 6 weeks initially – Full Time – Local Authority
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a Local Authority, who are known for their excellent team culture, who are recruiting for a Committee Services Officer to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (36 hours per week).
- To work with the Committee Services Manager to support the delivery of the Council’s democratic process, in particular acting as Committee Manager to a variety of Committees as required.
- Support the Committee Services Manager in the delivery of the Council’s democratic process acting as Committee Manager at meetings and contributing to back office activities to ensure the Committee Services team works to its statutory requirements.
- To act as Committee Manager in organising and supporting a variety of Committees, involving:
- preparation and co-ordination of Agendas
- setting up of meetings and virtual meetings using Zoom and MS Teams and managing these meetings
- liaison with Officers on reports and presentations to the meetings
- preparation of Minutes from meetings
- diary planning
- monitoring compliance with agreed work programmes
- compiling and monitoring action lists, as required.
- Offering an advisory service to both internal and external customers
- Experience dealing with Committee Management system called ModernGov
- The ideal applicant will have recent experience working in a Local Authority
- Attend committee meetings in person
Interested? For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.