Interim Communications & Engagement Manager
Where: Devon (1-2 days WFH)
Contact length: FTC until September 2022
Salary: up to £45,000 P/A
Venn Group is currently recruiting for an Interim Communications & Engagement Manager to join our client based in Devon for a 16-month contract.
Duties will include:
- Scope, research, draft and refine an overarching communications/engagement plan to support the Programme vision and objectives, aligning with priorities and outlining action plans for implementation
- Gain approval and engagement from the senior programme team and implement communication plans
- Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of external communications and engagement strategies on the programme in close liaison with the organisation communications and engagement team
- Effectively manage public relations and communications activities in relation to the programme to enhance and protect the reputation of the brand in consort with the communications and engagement team
- Lead a proactive and reactive media service including identifying and delivering positive PR and media opportunities and ensuring effective issues and crisis communications management on the Programme
- Oversee, develop and produce content for corporate communication channels, online, in multi-media and in print
- Work in liaison with the communications and engagement team to ensure maximum coherence and alignment of strategy and implementation
- Maintain effective monitoring of media channels and provide regular reports in relation to the programme
- To develop and implement effective means to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, in tandem with the corporate team, in order to provide the necessary quality and depth of engagement required to successfully implement the overall programme
- Work in tandem with, and support of, the Internal Communications and Engagement Manager, providing cross-cover as required
- Qualification to Master’s Degree level and/or equivalent relevant experience in public relations/marketing profession.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate complex communications strategies and projects/campaigns
- Experience of working in or with the media
- Experience of communications management to a senior level
To apply for this role or to find out about other communications roles, please contact Riley Garnett or Cameron O’Donnell on the South West Communication Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.