We are currently working with a well-established organisation who are looking for the interim support of a Communications Officer to assist with communications needs.
- Picking up day to day media, social media and PR work as directed by senior team members
- Support the team in delivering council corporate communications, PR & media, social media, marketing, digital & design, internal communications and events.
- Deliver complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences in support of the team
- Undertake accurate research and analysis to support the marketing needs of the team
- Contribute to the implementation of creative and innovative communication
- Assist with policy development and the communication of policies
- Contribute to the development of strategies to improve communication
- Assist in the production and presentation of accurate detailed and complex reports both verbally and in writing
- The role requires the ability to be able to write to an excellent standard across multiple platforms, including social media and content management systems
- Well-developed understanding of the workings of a local authority and how it operates at a corporate and community level.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilise Microsoft office based packages (e.g. power point, excel, word).
- Local government communications experience is essential.
- Experience of guiding and supervising project work
Fully Remote Working
Duration: 3 month rolling contract initially
Rate: £18.57 p/h via umbrella company
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.