Community Occupational Therapist
Duration: Temporary, three months
Location: Birmingham/Coventry - Warwick– Remote
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm
Rate: c. £21 - £26 per hour (via umbrella company) DOE
In the role for the Community Occupational Therapist, you will work as part of IAPT Team for individuals with a wide range of mental conditions.
For this position, they are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is three months. The role for the Community Occupational Therapist will be remote working at present using Attend Anywhere and WhatsApp but may be requested to attend base.
Physiotherapist role duties:
- Writing and reviewing treatment plans to enable patients to maintain maximum independence, undertaking treatment plans identified by physiotherapists
- Maintaining patients notes in accordance with trust policy in a manner which respects privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- HI IAPT trained CBT therapist to conduct assessments and Step 3 CBT treatment following the competency framework and ability to adhere to the IAPT model of work
- Managing own caseload, time management and diary arrangements
- Maintaining stock control of equipment and reordering of aids for patients
- Managing, supervising and coordinating more junior physiotherapy staff .Planning and delegating their workload as appropriate
- Triaging referrals to determine appropriate level of physiotherapy input required to meet individual patient needs
- Requiring rehabilitation assessment and treatment, to prevent hospital admission and maximise functional independence
- Supporting those who have received an early transfer from hospital by receiving treatment at home as part of an intensive home rehabilitation programme to avoid an acute admission into Community Hospital bed
- Advising and communicating effectively with patients who frequently have problems with understanding, carers and other members of the multidisciplinary team, to maximise rehabilitation potential
- Liaising with the inter-disciplinary team on a regular basis about all operational issues
- Using own initiative to formulate creative thinking /new ways of working in order to provide effective case management to avoid where possible unnecessary hospital admission
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of two weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations