Compliance Officer (Fire Safety) x2
Location: West Midlands
Start: July 2023
Rate: £30 - £35h Umbrella Inside IR35 (Dependant on experience)
Duration: 3 months initially (Very likely to extend)
Our client is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Compliance Officer to join their team. This position will primarily focus on fire safety compliance, working in close collaboration by with the Environmental Health Officers to ensure the highest standards of safety within the local community. You will be a detail-oriented individual with knowledge of compliance regulations to help identify potential hazards and ensure that all safety standards are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide investigatory assistance and prepare background work for inspections
- Maintain accurate records of inspections, assessments, training sessions, and investigations
- Prepare detailed reports highlighting findings, violations, and recommended corrective actions
- Monitor compliance with fire safety regulations through regular follow-ups, revisits, and collaborative efforts with property owners, managers, and stakeholders
- Work closely with Environmental Health Officers to ensure a coordinated approach to public safety and identify potential overlaps or synergies between fire safety and environmental health regulations
- Collaborate with local businesses, community organizations, and other stakeholders to promote fire safety awareness, provide guidance, and foster positive working relationships
- Contribute to the development and review of fire safety policies, procedures, and guidelines, aligning them with national and local standards and best practices
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience working in fire safety compliance, preferably within a local authority or similar environment (Desired)
- Knowledge of fire safety legislation, regulations, and codes of practice, including the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (Desired)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct thorough risk assessments, identify hazards, and propose effective control measures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals and organizations
- Proficiency in preparing accurate reports, documentation, and presentations
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A commitment to continuous professional development and staying up-to-date with industry trends and changes in fire safety regulations
Please be aware there may also be a requirement for you to conduct regular inspections and audits, risk assessments and develop and deliver training programs within time.
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.