Contracts Locum Solicitor x2
Vacancy Ref: 64473
A position has arisen for two Contracts and Procurement Locums to join a local authority based in the South West on an interim basis.
Setup: Fully remote working
Start/Duration: ASAP - initial 4 months, likely to extend beyond
Hours: Full-time (part-time considered)
Rate: Up to £55ph (Umb)
Reason: Cover whilst recruiting permanently
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General Contracts and Public procurement law experience
- Local authority background
- Provide legal advice to a variety of clients in-house across all directorates
- Whilst specialising in an area of law, be able to work flexibly across the range of practice areas within the Commercial and Governance team including: Company Law, Contracts and Commercial (including legal practice within specialist areas such as IT, Construction, Energy), Corporate Governance, Employment, Public Procurement, and Public and local government law
- To undertake advocacy, representation and advice in Employment Tribunals, committees and panels as appropriate
- To keep legal knowledge up to date, to carry out legal research and maintain a thorough knowledge of existing and new legislation in relation to practice area
- To provide support and assistance to legal officers in the Commercial and Governance Team and provide cover as required and to assist and co-operate with officers within the wider Legal Services Division
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Georgina Fry on 0117 930 8760 or email your CV to email@example.com and we will call you back.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.