Contracts Locum – South West – 2-3 Months Initial – Remote Working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Locum to join a South West Local Authority from January 2023.
This is a full time position, offered for an initial term of three months. It will be worked on a fully remote basis. The role has arisen due to the ongoing need for support within the team.
This position is suited to an experienced locum or a newly-qualified solicitor who is looking to build their experience.
Duties may include:
- Providing specialist procurement and contract law services and policy advice
- Providing legal services in respect of procurement and contract law transactions including all negotiations on behalf of the Council as may be necessary
- On behalf of the Chief Officer - Legal and Regulatory Services, HR and Corporate Policy and Group Manager - Legal and Democratic Services – preparing and approving reports for Council, Cabinet and other committee meetings and represent the Chief Officer at such meetings within the remit of the team
- Maintaining the high standards of the department through compliance with the LEXCEL standard
- Assisting in the development and implementation of performance management processes within the department in association with the Chief Executive’s Business Plan
- Supervising the work of the Paralegal and assist in providing professional support to others within the team
- Actively participating in Special Interest Groups with responsibility to feedback to other colleagues and keep them fully informed of any impending implications and training opportunities
- Undertaking the Health and Safety responsibilities which fall within a manager’s role and the personal Health and Safety responsibilities within the HASAWA 1974
- Ensuring that all activities are operated in accordance with Equal Opportunities legislation and Best Practice
An hourly rate of £50-£55 per hour is offered for this position.
For further information, please contact Georgina Fry or Charlotte Foley on 0117 930 8760, alternatively email email@example.com with details of your availability and your current CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.