Designated Safeguarding Lead
We are currently looking for a Designated Safeguarding Lead to support a large organisation.
Rate: £300 per day (Inside IR35)
Location: West Midlands, Fully remote working available
Duration: 3-6 months initially with likely extensions
Payment: Weekly via an Umbrella Company
- Be the point of contact for reports to the service relating to safeguarding concerns or allegations about the behaviour of staff working with children in receipt of home to school transport, as well as concerns regarding possible parental abuse and neglect
- Understand the statutory child protection thresholds
- Understand the statutory threshold for referring to the LADO
- Manage referrals to key safeguarding agencies (e.g. LADO, Children’s Services or Police) of any incidents or allegations of abuse and harm.
- Carry out and/or oversee investigations as required
- Provide safeguarding advice and support to the service
- Strong knowledge of types of child abuse and harm, safeguarding statutory guidance and legislation
- Previous experience leading/managing a Safeguarding Team
- Previous experience of providing safeguarding advice
- Previous experience of carrying out child investigations
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.