Venn Group are looking for a Designer to join a large scale IT transformation programme on a contract basis for 10 months. Focussed on designing a system to elevate the user experience and accessibility, bring order and consistency to digital products and ease the development of new services.
Working collaboratively with a small, close-knit team we are looking for a designer with the following attributes.
Day to Day:
- Collaborate with front-end web developers and other designers to expand and improve the Design System.
- Work within the design team in defining, designing and evolving design components, patterns and guidelines.
- Translate high-level business requirements into simple yet effective UIs that champion the user.
- Collaborate closely with business analysts and front-end developers to ensure that designs meet the business requirements.
- Communicate effectively ideas, prototypes and final designs to internal stakeholders and peers, with the ability to take on constructive feedback.
- Deliver designs from conception to a fully working application through liaising with front and back-end developers, testers, product owners and internal stakeholders following agile methodology principles
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for designing quality products with a great user interface.
- Portfolio of work that shows your design thinking and process.
- Experience of working in Sketch
- Good working knowledge of web accessibility
- Strong responsive layout and grid skills spanning across web and app design for all platforms
- Strong colour theory, typography, iconography and UI design capabilities
- Knowledge of design system creation/maintenance and modern UI design best practises.
You must also be able to:
- Provide your own computer and other equipment needed to carry out the role, and be able to work remotely from home for the duration of this contract
- Be available for and attend online MS TEAMs meetings during the working day as required, using a webcam
This position is Inside IR35 and only relevant experience to be considered in this instance, please do not apply if your skills do not match the requirements closely.
To apply, send a current CV through to Ben Cummins on email@example.com or call 0113 234 6400 .
If you are not currently looking for work, but you have a friend or family with similar experience, please forward through their details. Any successful recommendation will receive be high street shopping vouchers.
Venn Group endeavours to make our emails as relevant as possible. If, however, the role is unsuitable please reply with an updated CV and desired job title.