Permanent Desktop Support Engineer
Up to £31,500 per annum + shift allowance
My client is a leader in digital transformation, with a worldwide presence offering a wide range of services and integrated technological solutions in Cyber Security, Cloud, IoT, Big Data and Blockchain.
They require a Desktop Support Engineer to join the team based at their clients site in Cambridge to provide deskside technical support and advisory service of End User Compute (EUC) devices, including resolving and enabling the resolution of incidents, problems, requests, and deploying new hardware and associated software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as 2nd Line support for all EUC technical incidents through to resolution at deskside
- Liaise with remote teams to drive incidents to resolution
- Create knowledgebase articles where repeated incidents are logged to assist Service Desk Analysts to increase 1st time Fix
- Proactive in providing solutions to common incidents to reduce call volumes
- Resolve requests, incidents, problems and major incidents assigned to the EUC team within service level agreements
- To log and follow up issues that have been raised with 3rd party support teams where appropriate
- Support, manage, optimise and maintain the configuration and installation of Desktops, Laptops and hardware replacements
- Comply with Desktop Good Working Best Practices
- Travel to offsite locations which may necessitate own transport. Flexibility to support other sites when required
- Participating in a shift rota, supporting 24/7
- Previous experience of onsite support in a customer facing capacity
- Knowledge and experience on windows operating systems
- Experience on EUC tools, remote support tools, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience on peripheral devices support (printers, scanners etc)
- Awareness & understanding of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) & Group Policy
- Awareness of ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities
Benefits: 24 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, on-line discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment
bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, fundraising, sports & social club.