Where: South Wales (homeworking with some travel to site)
Contact length: 8 – 12m
Hourly rate: up to £17.50 DOE (via umbrella company)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Digital Developer to join our highly esteemed client in South Wales on an interim basis for 8 - 12 months.
Duties will include:
- Develop and support the Intranet site (SharePoint)
- Help to support and manage the Intranet servers and databases (SharePoint) ensuring their availability at all times
- Develop and support the internet site in line with requirements
- Using research and analysis maintain currency with new technology, identify new requirements, and identify and resolve any issues or errors
- Offer technical advice on potential development and where new technologies/methodologies can be used
- Respond to, and deal with, staff enquiries and project requests and provide technical advice / support and guidance
- Deliver training where needed and review projects for suitability
- The post holder will need to manage IM&T projects such as the implementation of new software, the complex migration of software e.g. Intranet migration or the development of new software.
- Arrange meetings with staff to review and provide technical advice on submitted projects, deciding on suitability or otherwise for inclusion on the Intranet or Internet
- Justify and negotiate amendments within the constraints of the content management systems (CMS) and current workload, this will require being able to communicate technicalities to people at all skill levels in a clear and precise manner that they will understand
- Deliver training for content contributors of varying skills on SharePoint and associated web and new media best practice
- Be expected to communicate with all tiers of staff from senior managers to end users most of whom are non IM&T staff
- Respond to and deal with staff enquiries / technical support concerning the websites and provide technical advice and guidance on any other IM&T areas if required which may include multimedia, graphic design, Microsoft Office applications, PDFs, ISPs, IIS etc.
- Relevant ICT related Degree or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in a relevant Web Development role.
- Knowledge of managing content management systems.
To apply for this role or to find out about other Communications jobs, please contact Cameron O’Donnell or Riley Garnett on the South West Communications Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.