VennGroup Allied Health Professionals
Interim Requirement –Discharge Co-Ordinators– London
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a couple of Discharge Co- Ordinators with an AHP, RN or non-qualified discharge team experience in a clinical background on behalf of a reputable NHS Trust based in London.
This is an interim contract of 3 months offering £25-£28per hour (paid via an umbrella company). For this position, it will be 5 days a week to include Monday to Fridays.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Clinical Therapy Lead, Team Lead Physiotherapist and Team Lead Occupational Therapist, as well as members of the wider MDT to support the patients’ experience and care and facilitate safe and effective discharges from the rehab unit you are based on
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the Bedded Rehabilitation Unit to provide discharge planning support and, where necessary, case management for the most complex group of patients
- Case Managing and co-ordinatng the discharge plans for patients requiring integrated support in the community (support with completion of ongoing referral for community therapy, packages of care, report writing etc.)
- Supporting with completion of essential assessments to identify ongoing discharge needs for the patient’s on the Bedded Rehab Unit (mental capacity assessments etc.
- Ensuring smooth and timely communication between the Bedded Rehabilitation Unit and partner agencies involved in patient discharge/transfer of care to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Supporting the Bedded Rehab Unit in managing the patient pathway and flow through effective case management, working with an integrated approach with all partners
- Ensuring that patients and their families/carers are consulted, encouraged and supported to be part of the discharge planning process.
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge base of the integrated discharge pathways, community partners and key internal and external staff to progress patients requiring discharge coordinator support.
Should the above be of interest and you would like some more information about the vacancy, please contact Abigail Fernandes on 02075577667 or apply by sending your updated CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org