Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Job reference: J60415
We are currently for an Electrical Design Engineer within a leading NHS Trust based in Cheshire. This is a key role on an 12 month contract basis.
The successful candidate must have experience working for Public Sector organisation
Your duties will include:
- Complete statutory inspection, acceptance testing and periodic safety inspection
- To assist with the full range of duties in the implementation of building and engineering works as part of the Trust’s Capital Programme
- To assist the Head of Capital Development and Estates Manager Higher Level (Projects) on major projects, taking lead responsibility as directed
- To deputise for the Estates Manager Higher Level (Projects) as the situation requires
- To provide support in the execution of the Trusts Capital Programme
- Prepare designs for major capital works in accordance with NHS Health Technical Memorandum (HTMs) and Health Building Notes (HBNs), British Standards and all current legislation
- To take the technical lead on identified issues related to the management of Estates, Building and Engineering works and providing accurate up to date advice as required
- Provide a safe environment for patient’s staff and visitors
- Maintain a close and effective working relationship with the Estates Team to achieve an effective and integrated Estates service
- Act as Project Lead and oversee staff/consultants within the projects team.
- Mentor apprentice staff within the team
The successful candidate should have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience in a public sector of NHS organisation would be desirable
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related subject or equivalent
- Post graduate knowledge and experience gained by working in a similar role
- Prepare accurate technical drawings using AutoCAD and Revit
- Able to read technical drawings and specifications
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.