Facilities Team Member (Electrician)
Venn Group are working with a mixed secondary school in order to secure the services of an Electrician.
Rate: £30,000-£33,000 per annum
The post holder will be a key member of the Facilities team, cover all aspects of in-house maintenance and will involve a good proportion of electrical jobs.
The successful candidate will be required:
- To carry out a wide variety of electrical works, fault finding and electrical repairs to support the day to day running of the School.
- To support the school at major events by understanding the event plan and liaising with other appropriate staff to ensure correct set up and take down.
- To set up for and breakdown the events, making notes of any damages to furniture and equipment and informing your line manager.
- To carry out a variety of minor works, repairs and routine inspections of the site as prescribed by the Senior Facilities Team Member and/or the Facilities Manager or as issued from the Reactive Maintenance System (TABS)
- During holiday periods to carry out refurbishments and upgrading of the School’s facilities as part of the in-house maintenance regime.
- Distributing and collecting the signage around the school
- Helping with any furniture, larger items or office moves around the site
- Maintaining the condition of school lockers ( issuing and obtaining spare/replacement keys, locks, hinges, minors repairs)
- Routine classrooms checks – replacing missing or broken furniture, clocks etc.
- Responsible for the site’s tidiness (all loose object e.g. site stands to be put back to their place)
- To drive school’s van or other vehicles when required.
- Help maintaining school vehicles (delivering to and collecting from the repairs, MOTs, cleaning internally and externally)
- Train Security Staff and / or carry out safety checks for water and emergency lighting.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests from the Facilities Manager
The successful candidate:
- Electrical qualification
- Physically fit and able to move equipment, furniture and deliveries
- Maintenance/ handyman skills and experience
- Basic IT and smartphone skills
- UK Driving License
If you are interested in this position, please immediately send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Josh on 020 7557 7667.