Job Title: Employee Relations and Policy Manager
Job reference: JES/16062022
Job description: A Local Authority in West Yorkshire is looking for a Employee Relations and Policy Manager to provide professional expertise for the organisation. The role is to start on a temporary basis working on a 37 hour per week basis. The Local Authority will be offering flexible working with homeworking available.
- Acting as the Council’s lead on the provision of expert advice on all aspects of the Council’s employee relations framework, including national and local agreements and all employment related policies, working with key stakeholders to ensure that the Council meets all associated legal obligations
- Leading and acting as a role model on Council values and behaviours to enable a supportive and inclusive working culture where all staff are encouraged, supported and developed irrespective of their background
- Providing expert, consistent advice to Elected Members, Leaders, Managers and Workforce/HR Colleagues on matters relating to Employment Legislation and all associated policy
- Working closely with Workforce and HR and Legal Services to ensure that employee relations policies and process are legally sound and based on good practice across public services, incorporating learning from private sector as relevant
- Playing a lead role in negotiating local agreements in relation to reward strategies, conditions of service and employee benefits, working with the Strategy and Reward Manager
- Maintaining a Workforce Policy review framework and ensure that policies/procedures are compliant with relevant legislation, are benchmarked against related organisations and that policies are easy to use and accessible by Leaders, Managers and Employees
The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role
Hourly Rate: Negotiable
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.