Job Title: Energy and Sustainability Manager
Job Reference: J66815
We are currently recruiting for an Energy and Sustainability Manager within a leading Healthcare NHS Trust in the Greater Manchester area. This is a key role within the trust and will be an interim role.
The post holder will be responsible to the Head of Estates for managing and monitoring the Trust’s Energy/Utility consumption and for proactively leading the management energy saving schemes and will be the lead specialist for Energy Management for the Trust and lead specialist for Sustainability for the Estates and Facilities Department and the Trust
- Assist and support the Head of Estates in providing a comprehensive estates maintenance service to the Trust and other customers through Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Working with other Estates Officers to ensure the service is provided to an agreed level of quality, timeliness and cost
- Will be accountable for a delegated budget of up to £1m
- Responsible for the performance monitoring and reporting of the Trust’s Energy Performance Contract (EPC) with the Trust’s commercial partner
- Accountable for the development of long-term strategic plans for the Trust as a whole and for each site acting as an expert technical advisor to develop an on-going Estates Energy Infrastructure programme and related information systems
- To identify and evidence demand side measures / invest-to-save projects covering: Infrastructure, Plant, Equipment Upgrade and Renewal
- Manage control systems, (especially Building Management System (BMS) related verification of savings (cost and carbon) from all implemented and proposed projects
- where energy efficiencies may be gained to reduce impact on the environment
- Act as lead contact for the Trust’s Engineering Procurement Contractor (EPC) and engagement of energy consultants required to assist the Trust.
- Negotiating with outside agencies such as Crown Commerical Services and national Energy organisations to ensure that that Trust is not penalised for incorrect or inaccurate submissions and obtaining credits where appropriate
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience – knowledge in relevant subject
- A minimum qualification of City & Guilds or NVQ in a craft subject with extensive knowledge of building services or Engineering, Building BTEC, HNC. or equivalent relevant experience
- Working towards or hold any of the Authorised Persons training in High Voltage, Medical Gases, Water Quality, Electrical LV, Lifts, Decontamination, waste, fire, ventilation
- Full UK Driving Licence and Own Transport
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson or Shane Ennis at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.