Job Title: Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical)
Job reference: J61697
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical) within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract or permanent contract
The post holder will be responsible for planning, programming, allocating and supervising work as required utilising in-house labour and contract labour as appropriate.
Duties will include:
- The scope of work includes repair, maintenance and improvements to engineering services. This would include PPM (planned preventative maintenance) works, reactive maintenance works (via UoM helpdesk) & small project works
- To assist the Unit Area Manager to effectively direct and manage all resources allocated to the Facilities - Maintenance and Compliance (FMC)
- Supervise and manage allocated team of technical and manual in house staff and contract labour responsible for a range of maintenance and improvements of buildings services.
- To deputise for the Unit Area Manager
- Assist day–on-day for allocating and supervising engineering work ensuring efficient and safe operation to the highest achievable standard
- Assist in ensuring that all work is effectively controlled using the systems developed for ensuring the group is productive, cost effective and transparent in all its operations.
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of all aspects of individual jobs/projects from inception to completion (including the updating of the management systems and the production of management reports).
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Appropriate qualifications to NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) and Ordinary or Higher National Certificate qualifications (or be willing to work towards achieving the ONC/HNC level) in an electrical, mechanical or construction related discipline and having substantial vocational experience
- An established track record and experience in an engineering discipline
- Experience of supervising groups of multi-disciplinary, technical, and manual in house staff and external contracted labour
- Must be proficient in:
Mechanical (HVAC) engineering regulations and guidance (i.e. CIBSE, BSRIA, BESA) OR Electrical engineering regulations and standards (i.e. EAWR, BS7671:18th Edition, BS5839-1, BS5266-1) OR Construction regulations (i.e. Building Regulations and Associated Approved Documents)
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.