Environmental Enforcement Officer x2
Duration: Until Sep 2024 initially pending further extensions
Rate: Negotiable hourly rate (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for two enthusiastic and skilled officers to join our Environmental Enforcement Team until 30 September 2024.
With an emphasis on protecting people who live and work in the borough, as well as people visiting the area. You will form a key part of our Environmental Enforcement Team, taking appropriate action to address domestic noise and waste related issues including fly tipping across the borough.
You will lead on the implementation of any prosecution action required to be taken against any person or business where evidence exists that demonstrates a breach of appropriate legislation or regulations.
- To be part of the Environmental Enforcement Team responding rapidly to incidents of environmental concern reported by elected members, senior managers and members of the public, making decisions on an appropriate course of action to resolve the situation which may include taking enforcement actions, such as the issuing of fixed penalty notices
- To lead on the implementation of any prosecution action required to be taken against any person or business where evidence exists that demonstrates a breach of appropriate legislation or regulations
- To manage and supervise the Environmental Rapid Response Team
- To work in partnership with other teams within Regulatory Services to provide a consistent approach to enforcement activity
- To maintain personal knowledge of Environmental Health functions, related legislation and codes of practice
- To maintain a consistent understanding of Equality, Quality and Customer Care Policies and Procedures
- To interpret and implement appropriate legislation, codes of practice and policies to address incidents of environmental concern
- To act as an Enforcement Officer in relation to all issues and situations which pose an environmental concern
- To have a thorough understanding of case law and legislation relating to the specialist area to determine the appropriate course of action regarding the issuing of fixed penalties or pursuing action through the courts system
- To use your in depth understanding of appropriate legislation and case law to build prosecution cases and files where appropriate which meet the required evidential requirements to secure a positive outcome when enforcement action is implemented
- A good working knowledge of Environmental Protection Act 1990 and an ability to interpret and implement appropriate legislation, codes of practice and policies to address incidents of environmental concern would be an advantage
- Experience of taking enforcement action in relation to environmental health related issues
- Experience of working with and managing customers who have the potential to be confrontational
- Experience of preparing and presenting case files for enforcement and prosecution action to be taken
- Experience of interpreting and applying case law and legislation as required
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.