Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Job reference: JES/11012022
Job description: A local authority in Greater Manchester is looking for an Environmental Health Officer to ensure the Local Authority meets food safety standards across various areas of Manchester. The role is a 6 month temporary contract to start immediately working 37hr p/w ending on 31/06/22.
- Providing professional expertise on all Environmental Health matters and the effective enforcement and administration of all duties of the Division, including the supervision of technical and other support staff
- Using professional expertise and communication skills to resolve conflict situations
- Investigating in response to complaints/service requests formulating appropriate action for non-compliance with relevant legislation
- Carrying out routine inspections of premises and vehicles, in accordance with statutory requirements and Codes of Practice
- Issuing advice and information based on the interpretation of current legislation and good practice
- Attending Court, Tribunals and Public Inquiries as a witness
- Preparing and introducing enforcement initiatives
- Providing training/support for colleagues and students in specialist areas of knowledge
The successful candidate should have:
- Candidates must have experience of undertaking food hygiene inspections and responding to service requests.
- Candidates must have obtained an Environmental Health Board of Registration Certificate (EHRB).
Hourly Rate: £35.00 - £40.00 p/hour
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.