Environmental Health Officer
- Start Date: ASAP
- Rate: Competitive, negotiable daily rate (Inside IR35)
- Working Pattern: Hybrid, flexible working
- Length: 3 month initial contract, with very likely extension
- Location: West Midlands
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Environmental Health Officer to join a great Local Authority based in the West Midlands on an interim basis.
The position is on a hybrid, flexible basis and can accommodate an immediate start. This role is for 3 months initially, with likely extensions.
- To develop and manage specific projects, including survey work and consultation with residents relating to private sector housing conditions
- To survey and inspect dwellings either as individual properties or in groups of properties to establish conditions and breaches of statutory provisions
- To prepare schedules of work in relation to bringing dwellings up to the required standard and recommend relevant action to be taken in line with the Council’s statutory responsibilities
- To provide housing advice to both landlords and tenants and to investigate cases of illegal eviction and harassment.
- To undertake the full range of enforcement, advising and grant aided activities of an Environmental Health Officer relating to Housing
- The identification and scoring of hazards under the Housing health and Safety Rating system (HHSRS)
- Inspection under food safety legislation in hostels and bed and breakfast type establishments where meals are provided for residents
- To carry out visits and inspections following service of notices and orders and give advice and information to owners and residents in respect of the Council’s statutory obligations
- To prepare informal and formal notices and orders in relation to houses in multiple occupation and to monitor action taken in response to them
- Local Authority experience as an Environmental Health Officer
- Diploma or Degree in Environmental Health recognised by the CIEH
- Understanding of HHRSRS (Housing health and safety rating system)
- Public Sector Housing experience
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.