Environmental Health Officer (Food/Health & Safety)
We are currently working with a local authority in the West Midlands who require the assistance of an Environmental Health Officer. The post will deliver a range of food and health and safety functions with a focus on food safety, standards and hygiene, health and safety, infectious diseases and related activities and supporting partnerships and relationships with businesses.
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes
- Utilise a range of regulatory approaches including: evidence-based research, risk assessment, intelligence-led targeting in order to identify and investigate business activities or environmental practices
- Undertake comprehensive and professional research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes
- Assist in the development of and contribute to cross-cutting agendas including community safety and health and wellbeing in order to protect vulnerable people and the wider community
- Specialities in either food, health and safety or both will be considered.
- Must hold the EHRB registration and have relevant experience to demonstrate competency
Start: Jan 2021
Duration: 6 months initially with further extensions
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Applicants for full time or part time work will be considered.
Full JD available upon request
For more information on this or other Local Government jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Government Team or call on 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you are not currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.