Job Title: Estates Operations Manager
Job reference: J61952
We are currently for Estates Operations Manager within a leading NHS Trust based in North Wales. This is a key role on a temporary contract basis.
The successful candidate must have experience working for Public Sector organisation
Your duties will include:
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Operational Estates to development an ambitious, forward-looking and sustainable Operational Estate business model that responds to corporate needs and best practice guidance across all areas
- Develop and implement a 5-year Operational Estates service and financial plan that supports the organisational priorities based on a comprehensive analysis of needs and risk
- Ensure that the management of the Health Board’s operational estate promotes sustainable environments, with a strong focus on safety, quality and efficiency of care
- Use evidence, research and national guidance to underpin plans that improve the safety, quality and experience of the operational estate service. This will include assimilation of often conflicting information and an ability to discuss, debate and decide on its impact and influence on strategy
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a 5 year risk based Operational Estates capital programme for investment in the Health Board’s Estate.
- Accountable for the management, supervision and coordination of designated
- teams including staff appraisals, performance management and informal/formal
- disciplinary and grievance
- Authorised to sign staffing returns for payroll and staff changes forms
- Accountable for staff recruitment at all levels within the area of responsibility.
- Lead the local Operational Estates response to emergency planning supporting the Health Board in meeting its requirements in compliance with the Civil
- Meet with external specialist consultants and agencies to discuss highly complex engineering technical matters such as building management systems controls, generator and high voltage system controls etc, where there are opposing views and opinions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Degree qualification in Engineering/Construction or HNC/HND or equivalent level of knowledge and/or experience
- Membership of a professional institution e.g. CIBSE, IMechE, ICE, IET,RICS, CIOB, IHEEM
- Evidence of significant in-depth expertise and knowledge to masters level acquired in an NHS estates environment on highly complex technical issues
- Experience of working at a senior level within the NHS or public sector
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.