Events and Promotion Manager
Rate: Rate: Starting at £27000 p.a. maybe negotiable depending on experience
1 year FTC with likely extensions
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who are recruiting for Events and Promotions Managerto support the strategic development and lead the implementation of the Council’s events programme.
- Develop the council’s event strategy and lead on the co-ordination and delivery of events in the district
- Work with external agencies to identify funding and programming opportunities to grow the events programme and encourage investment in events in the area
- Support the delivery of council-led and civic events in the town that require event management and leadership
- Research markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Support the development, review and implementation of the Corporate Events Strategy
- Produce detailed proposals for events
- Secure and book suitable venues and locations for events.
- Attend meetings and liaise with local, regional and national strategic organisations
- Prepare promotional material and press releases, and co-ordinate photo opportunities and press conferences for events.
- Using e-communications and new media in implementing PR strategies
- Significant level of experience of working in an event organising and managing role
- Significant level of experience of producing detailed strategies for events
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing large scale events involving multiple services and partners
- Experience dealing with local and national media
Full JD available upon request