Job Title: Finance Manager
Job reference: SGL/29072022
Job description: We are recruiting for an Finance Manager with a Local Authority in South Yorkshire. The role is a temporary 5 month contract beginning asap which can be done remotely.
Preferable day-to-day key skills:
- Working with members of the Directorate Management Team and budget managers, to evaluate and implement financial strategies, working closely to offer support and appropriate challenge, to deliver the priorities for the Directorate
- Leading on complex key areas, grants and projects within the Directorate, providing financial advice and training to senior management and budget managers
- Working with the Directorate Finance Manager to deliver effective direction, planning and continuous improvement for the service, providing clear leadership and direction to the team with responsibility for line managing and developing a positive and enabling performance culture
- Working in partnership with colleagues from partner organisations to ensure resources are used to achieve the greatest possible impact
- Ensuring financial information is recorded correctly on the financial systems and completing relevant government, grant and finance returns
- Preparing revenue and capital budgets for the Directorate, ensuring budget targets are properly monitored and accurate timely projection information is available for reporting to senior management to assist in decision making and closure of year-end accounts
Hours per Week: 37
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sean Leonard at email@example.com or by calling on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.