We are currently working with a large, dynamic company who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join thgour team at our Head Offices in Monmouthshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be supporting the Financial Controller in leading the monthly financial reporting function and on a day to day basis, some of your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting the statutory audit process, linking in with both internal and external audit partners
- Ensuring governance and compliance are adhered to with SOX, accounting standards and rules of business, and are in line with group requirements
- Review of all SOX Controls
- Supporting all internal audit deliverables
- To be responsible for the provision of effective timely and accurate financial and management information being produced, providing insight and challenge to the on financial and business KPIs and contract performance
- To support the Financial Controller and Finance Director with their requirements and be a key lead in the preparation of monthly performance measures, challenging the business and driving performance.
- Devise and implement process improvements across the whole Finance team for greater controls adherence and reporting efficiencies
- HMRC submissions for VAT and CIS and PAYE
- Prepare for and be part of ERP migration
- To maintain a close working relationship with Credit Manager, Senior Treasury Manager and P2P Manager for financial risk assessment.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified Accountant with excellent technical knowledge.
Actively studying towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent.
In terms of experience, you will have a proven track record of financial delivery, understanding of complex organisations, key business issues and balance sheet controls / reconciliations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Good financial accounting background, with relevant technical skills
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent planning skills to deliver against multiple deadlines
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement