Financial Crime Manager – VP
Venn Group are working with a leading financial institution seeking to expand their Financial Crime and Compliance function. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Financial Crime Manager at the VP-level to join our dynamic team and help us strengthen our financial crime control framework.
As a Financial Crime Manager at the VP-level, you will be responsible for undertaking second-line advisory work for core responsibilities within the customer and vendor due diligence processes, including KYC reviews, research, and the prevention of money laundering and related activities. You will play a crucial role in supporting our financial crime control framework within the EMEA region and ensuring that senior management is well-informed about potential risks and issues.
- Customer and Vendor Due Diligence: Conduct KYC reviews and research, providing oversight and guidance to others in the process.
- Deputy Head of High-Risk Reviews: Provide cover in the absence of the Deputy Head of High-Risk Reviews and act as a sub-team leader on specific governance activities, reviews, or projects.
- Governance Activities: Assist in core governance activities aimed at developing and maintaining the EMEA financial crime control framework.
- Reporting: Ensure senior management is sufficiently informed by collating Management Information (MI) and drafting reports for internal committees, including board-level meetings.
- Collaboration: Work closely with both Front Office and Back Office departments, partnering with 1st line teams in the front and middle offices to mitigate underlying financial crime risks while enabling business operations.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in supporting Financial Crime teams in relation to KYC/CDD/other due diligence, providing oversight and guidance to others.
- Thorough understanding and practical ability to apply the management of financial crime risks within the UK Banking environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AML/CFT/FC rules and regulations.
- Past experience at a senior level in AML/CFT/FC processes and procedures within a regulated financial institution.
- Qualifications related to financial crime subject matter, including those provided by the International Compliance Association and ACAMS.
- Inquisitive, motivated, and highly trustworthy, with an ability to work with the minimum of direct supervision.
- Experience in handling highly confidential material.
To explore this further, please submit your application and CV to this advert and a member of our Financial Services team will be in touch.