Interim Head of Economic Development
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who require the support of an Interim Head of Economic Development.
- The economic growth service is benefiting from and additional £300k per annum to increase staff resources
- The interim post holder will directly support the Assistant Director to implement a staffing reshape by undertaking job evaluations for new posts and leading recruitment for some posts
- Finalise an existing draft brief to recruit a consultant(s) to support the preparation of a new sustainable economic growth strategy
- Manage the development and finalisation of the new strategy document
- Lead the development of town centre policy for the council and support colleagues to deliver town centre strategies and specific interventions funded through a dedicated town-centre place making budget
- Ensure there is a strong economic narrative and economic data/impact as appropriate to support the programme of business cases and funding bids being prepared by the Council and UGC
- Day-to-day staff and financial management
- Previous Local Government experience in Economic Development
Duration: 6 month contract initially with likely extensions
Rate: Starting at £500 per day umbrella (Inside IR35)
Fully Remote Working
Further details available upon request.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.