Head of Estates
Venn Group are working with a school in Essex to secure the services of an experienced Head of Estates.
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
The Head of Estates is a senior member of the operational staff, who is responsible for the leadership and management of the maintenance and development of the estate and ensuring that effective use is made of allocated resources to enhance the learning for students and staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- the estates strategic development plan in consultation with the Bursar and Headmaster.
- the formulation, management and execution of a detailed rolling fully costed maintenance plan, of external and internal fabric and finishes, mechanical and electrical services and infrastructure
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and attend meetings with; senior management team, architects, planners, teaching staff, construction administrators as and when required
- Line management of the Head of Maintenance, Estates Project Manager, Head of Grounds and Garden Supervisor
- Preparation of annual budget bid to cover the overall maintenance and development of the estate; together with predicted repair and/or replacement costs of fixtures and fittings
- Ensuring all third party contractors and service providers engaged by the school onsite are compliant, with appropriate safeguarding checks and briefings, appropriately registered and qualified for the work they undertake and are correctly monitored and supervised
- Assisting the planning and management of ‘major’ building and estate development projects, ensuring the efficient and effective safe running of the School campus is maintained during any on-going works.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to demonstrate experience of managing the operational aspects of a medium to large sized organisation in a relevant discipline.
- Proven financial experience including; budgetary estimates, analytical reports, financial, statistical summaries and preparing tender packages.
- Sound working knowledge of building construction, planned preventive maintenance, repair and renewal.
- Degree in estates management subject (or equivalent in construction, buildings management or architectural subject).
- IOSH and/or NEBOSH certificate
- Membership of CIOB or RICS
If you are interested in this position, please immediately send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Josh on 020 7557 7667.