Head of IT
Our client, a NHS Community healthcare provider in Surrey are recruiting for an 8a Head of IT to join their IM&T department on a permanent basis.
The Head of IT will be responsible for contributing to the information technology strategy of the organisation in accordance with supporting the organisation achieve its strategic aims and business objectives.
Location: Surrey+ Hybrid Working
Salary: 8a: £47,126 - £53,219 p.a (dependent upon experience) *
*Excellent annual leave and pension scheme entitlement included
Core responsibilities include:
- To provide leadership and appropriate direction to the IT team, ensuring the team are supported and developed
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of NHS IT/Digital strategy, policy, plans and requirements at the national and local level and being a Subject Matter Expert for the organisation
- Support with advising the Executive and through them helping to set First Community Digital & IT strategy and policy
- Lead Digital and IT initiatives to deliver the strategy
- Participate in CIC boards and internal/external senior meetings supporting the deputy director responsible for the Digital and IT strategy and agenda
- Helping to define and managing the IT/Digital Programme
- Maintaining and improving the quality of robust internal IT Services through a continual cycle of developing, agreeing, monitoring, and reporting on I
- Replacing/adding/changing IT contracts as required and maintaining high-functioning relationships with the key IT suppliers and partners, acting as a SME for CIC and NHS strategy and policy, supporting the Deputy Director of Digital
- Investigating requirements for new and improved IT services and features and leading to procurement/commissioning and introduction into service the same
- Manage the delegated budget of the IT Service
- Work with and support the Head of Performance & Business Information to provide and improve all necessary management and performance reports and data
Essential experience includes:
- A good knowledge of the use of information and information systems used in the Healthcare sector
- Proven ability to co-ordinate activities across multiple departments and with suppliers
If you are interested in this position please immediately send your updated CV to email@example.com and call the Healthcare IT Team on 020 7557 7667.