Homeless Service’s Manager Required
Location: Leamington Spa
Length: TBC – Minimum 3 Months
Hours: 08.45am-5.15pm Monday to Thursday, with a 4.45pm finish on a Friday (Some later finishers may arise
Pay: £30 per hour via Umbrella
Venn Group are currently recruiting for experienced Homeless Services Manager to manage the provision of safe, cost effective and client-centered temporary accommodation within the framework of Warwick District Council’s Homelessness Strategy.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the effective day-to-day management of the direct access hostel and other allocated temporary accommodation, including admissions, repairs and maintenance, customer behaviours and onsite support services
- Manage the staff at the direct access hostel and other allocated staff, including recruitment and selection, induction, performance monitoring, mentoring, support, training and development
- Liaise with other internal and external providers in Warwickshire and secure necessary specialist support for individual clients in order to help them to progress towards long-term accommodation
- Ensure sound financial management of budgets under the manager’s control, authorizing and ensuring payments for services delivered to and received by the hostel
- Keep records of the work of the hostel, monitor and review the performance of the project, in compliance with financial and operational criteria and report regularly to the Housing Advice & Allocations Manager
- To ensure that other Council-owned temporary homeless accommodation is managed in accordance with defined procedures including regular visits, inspections and risk assessments and ensure that accurate records are kept
- You will be overseeing 3 Homeless Support Workers and one Temporary Accommodations Officer
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons (Executive Consultant) on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.