Interim Housing Solutions Officer – Immediately Required
Our client, an esteemed local authority, is currently seeking an experienced Housing Solutions Officer to join their established team to minimise the number of homeless residents and provide solutions advice to enable individuals to resolve their housing difficulty.
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Surrey (Hybrid working)
Rate: £24 - £27 per hour
Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
- To provide a full assessment service and to give advice on all issues of housing circumstances, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of other support available to the applicant.
- Carry out the initial assessment when anyone approaches for housing assistance and devise a detailed personalised housing plan for the customer
- Support the wider Housing Solutions Team to ensure that the Council discharges its statutory duties under relevant legislation legally and effectively
- Assist with accessing full Housing Solutions, including social rented housing, home ownership, shared ownership, private sector renting, rent deposit schemes, mutual exchanges, and tailoring these solutions to the individual’s circumstances
- To be responsible for the decision-making process in a range of cases to include all duties under the Housing Act 1996
- To be responsible for the issuing, in agreement with the applicant, of Personal Housing Plans and their regular review throughout the process
- Regular reviews of 56-day duties for Prevention & Relief and ensure that all case work is correctly recorded on the appropriate data recording system in a timely manner
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of legislation case law, Government Guidance & Professional Good Practice in relation to parts VI & VII Housing Act 1996
- Previous experience working within a housing solutions team in a local authority setting
- Proven track record in minimising homelessness for tenants at risk
- Working knowledge of current and imminent legislation such as Housing Act 1996 (parts 6 & 7)
If you have experience to match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact Dan Williams on 020 7557 7667 or send your CV to email@example.com
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.