Housing Support Worker
An opportunity has arisen for a Housing Support Worker within a highly established Housing Association based in Northamptonshire. This is a temporary position and they are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Type: Temporary to Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week
Shifts: Monday to Friday
Rate of Pay: £11.00 per hour inclusive of your holiday pay
Permanent Salary: £20,504 per annum
- Support vulnerable service users who are facing homelessness to sustain their housing tenancies in the supported housing scheme
- Provide advice and support to service users in order to minimize rent arrears and maximise their welfare benefits
- Formulate repayment plans and manage rent collections
- Proactively manage and investigate incidents of anti-social behaviour
- Oversee the management of voids and turnarounds to ensure KPI’s are met
- Carry out regular room and flat inspections, ensure service users are compliant to their tenancy conditions and efficiently manage any repairs or maintenance requirements
- Monitor referrals to the service and identify the housing needs of service users
- Assist service users with the move-on process from the service
- Signpost service users to internal and external agencies for support as required
- Previous experience of supporting vulnerable people within supported housing
- Experience with rent arrears and housing benefits
- An Enhanced DBS with the children and adults’ list checked within 3 years or the willingness to obtain one
This is an urgent position and our client is looking to get someone started as soon as possible so please only apply if you have a notice period of 1 week or less.
To express your interest in this fantastic opportunity please submit and apply your updated CV.